FAC weighs in on issues in already-filed cases through the submission of amicus curiae (“friend of the court”) briefs. Depending on time constraints, we also enlist other organizations and interested parties to join FAC in amicus briefs.
- 10-15-2012: Amicus brief in Apple v. Samsung, filed version
- 10-05-2012: Amicus for the Reporter’s Committee of Freedom of the Press
- 10-16-2012: FAC & Reporters Committee file briefs in Apple v. Samsung secrecy appeal: FAC filed an amicus brief in an appeal of a secrecy ruling in the Apple v. Samsung patent infringement litigation. FAC is participating to defend the trial judge’s ruling directing the unsealing of certain confidential financial records filed under seal by both Apple and Samsung.
- 9-24-2012: Appeals court denies FAC request to join appeal over Apple-Samsung secrecy
- 12-02-2012: Amicus brief Department of the Navy v. Milner
- 9-11-2009: Amicus brief Rangra v. Brown